User Requirements and System Design
The activities will be performed interchangeably in every academic partner, i.e. in NTUA premises in Athens (Greece), in UniBa premises in Bari (Italy), in UnAeg premises in Lesbos (Greece) and in CUT premises in Limassol (Cyprus). The activities constitute from the secondments: PKI, ClougSigma, TWT to NTUA, CloudSigma, TWT, i-Sea, PKH to UniBaPKI, CloudSigma, TWT to UnAeg, PKI, CloudSigma, TWT, PKH to CUT
In each secondment the corresponding staff are trained initially to the complementary knowledge of the hosting organization and later on perform collaborative research. NTUA will be responsible for the definition of the user needs and requirements for the SEO-DWARS, while UniBa will be responsible to consolidate these requirements to define the type and structure of the ontology. PKI will be responsible to consolidate the requirements and the ontology to define and design the SEO-DWARS. PKH as the WP leader will oversee the definition of the user needs and requirements in order to be market oriented. This part will ensure the better exploitation of the project results.
- Task 2.1: Examination and definition of the user needs and requirements. Analysis of the user needs and requirements regarding the semantic retrieval of EO data and how the retrieval and alerting could provide the added value service on the Copernicus program and other EO programs.
- Task 2.2: Examination and definition of the ontology to be used. Literature review of the ontology and linked data approaches that will serve as the baseline of the semantic querying and alerting. Determination on the way semantic queries are performed based on the results from Task 2.1.
- Task 2.3: Examination of the RS possible algorithms that will be used in the SEO-DWARS Literature review of the possible remote sensing algorithms that will serve as indicators for the automatic metadata extraction. Finalization of the remote sensing algorithms that will be actually used in the SEO- DWARS. Adaptation of the algorithms at the specifications of the COPERNICOUS and MERIS images that will be used.
- Task 2.4: Define the structure and data mining algorithms of the EO image metadata. Analysis for the optimum way to structure metadata produced by algorithms from Task 2.3 with respect to the ontology structure from Task 2.2. Literature review and analysis of data mining algorithms to optimally harvest the created metadata and create semantic queries and web alerts.
- Task 2.5: Design the architecture, connectivity and interoperability of the SEO-DWARS, taking into account the INSPIRE guidelines. Analysis and literature review for the design of the architecture of the SEO-DWARS to be implemented in WP 3. Also analysis on the connectivity of the SEO-DWARS to external open-data sources (INSPIRE, Copernicus, etc) will be performed.
- Task 2.6: Design the front-end of the SEO-DWARS. Analysis on how to design the front-end of SEO-DWARS based on the results of Task 2.1 and Task 2.2, i.e. the user interactions, functionality, usability etc.